Chris Jericho Returning Next Week On Raw, Superstars Matches Taped, Dark Match, Randy Orton’s Return, Metallica Working With WWE, Former GMs, Ryder Not Pleased With Hometown Raw Snub, WWE Stock Hits New 52-Week Low
June 19, 2012 · 0 Comments
Jericho is currently serving a thirty-day suspension for denigrating the Brazilian flag at a WWE live event in São Paulo on May 24. The suspension concludes Saturday.
– Matches taped tonight at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York for this week’s episode of WWE Superstars are as follows:
* Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd vs. Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks
* Zack Ryder vs. Drew McIntyre
WWE developmental wrestler Dean Ambrose beat Arch Kincaid, an independent wrestler, in a pre-taping dark match. Ambrose controlled the five-minute match and won via submission. He cut a heel promo before the bout asking the spectators to give him respect.
– It was announced during RAW that while the Board of Directors looks for a replacement for John Laurinaitis, they are “reaching out to former General Managers” to host the show each week.
Mick Foley, who lives locally, was contacted over the weekend to work Monday’s RAW and will also host SmackDown this week.
— There is once again talk of Metallica playing at a WWE pay-per-view. WWE hyped Metallica’s upcoming Orion Music Festival in New Jersey and its rumored that the band could play at SummerSlam.
The band’s “Memory Remains” song was one of the theme songs at WrestleMania 28 and was used to hype the Triple H vs. Undertaker match.
— WWE is advertising that Randy Orton will be at RAW on July 30th and SmackDown July 31st. He is advertised for several other upcoming shows, including SummerSlam.
– Zack Ryder posted a brief video of himself expressing his dissatisfaction with being left off Monday’s Raw SuperShow in his hometown of Long Island, New York.
“I’m backstage at Raw in Long Island at the Nassau Coliseum, and guess what? I wasn’t on Raw again. I’m serious bro.” he says.
– On Monday, WWE’s stock price set a new 52-week low and reached its lowest mark since April 2003. The stock closed at $7.59 per share after setting a 52-week low of $7.44 per share. A 52-week low was previously set Friday with $7.48 per share.
– WWE returns to the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York for a Raw live event on Friday, December 28. The pre-sale began at 11:00 p.m. ET Monday night with the code HOLIDAYWW.
Share and Enjoy