CM Punk Comments on Last Night’s Live Event, No Holds Barred Tweets, WWE Merch, Linda McMahon Says She Won’t Let WWE vs. Media Distract Her, More
June 3, 2012 · 0 Comments
– To promote the re-release of No Holds Barred on July 3rd, WWE has launched Twitter accounts for the movie characters – @Rip and @Zeus.
– WWE Champion CM Punk defeated Daniel Bryan at last night’s RAW live event in Alexandria, Louisiana. Punk wrote on Twitter after the show:
“Well tonight sucked. Nothing like being rewarded for hard work. I did see @MichelleDBeadle shot out of a cannon though. That was awesome.”
A fan replied and apologized for the crowd reactions to which Punk replied:
“Wasn’t you. It was me.”
– Linda McMahon says she won’t be distracted by WWE’s war with media outlets in Connecticut that are comparing WWE’s product to violent pornography. We noted how WWE responded to Manchester Journal Inquirer Managing Editor Chris Powell and threatened him with a lawsuit for saying McMahon’s wealth came from “the business of violence, pornography, and general raunch.”
From the CT News Junkie website, McMahon says it’s not a distraction for her:
“It’s not a distraction for me because I’m really focused on what I’m doing. That’s all the WWE. I’m focused on, like today, this jobs tour. We’re going to tour 20 jobs before the end of the week.”
McMahon acknowledged there was some focus on WWE’s content during the last election cycle but voters are more worried about jobs and the economy.
“It was actually a minor part last year, and I really do believe the folks in Connecticut, as I’ve said before, they are focused on their lives, they’re focused on their children. You talk to women in the Sandwich generation, not just women, they’ve got kids who aren’t finding jobs and are coming back home to live and at the same time they’re caring for aging parents.”
– SmackDown tag team Darren Young and Titus O’Neil are now being called The Prime-Time Players.
– Sin Cara returned to action on last night’s WWE SmackDown, defeating Heath Slater. Cara debuted new ring gear and was trending worldwide on Twitter.
iN DEMAND has revealed the promotional poster for WWE’s Money in the Bank pay-per-view event taking place July 15 and it features Alberto Del Rio in a Forbes-like magazine cover. The official description suggests that only one Money in the Bank Ladder Match will be held, rather than two in the past.
The synopsis reads: “A guaranteed championship match hangs 20 feet above the ring in a steel briefcase. One man will scale the heights and seize his destiny. Don’t miss John Cena, Randy Orton, The Miz, Alberto Del Rio, and all your favorite WWE Superstars at WWE Money in the Bank, Sunday, July 15, live on pay-per-view.”
Jim Ross was hacked again on Twitter yesterday. He wrote:
“2nd time in a month I’ve had to change twitter password. However, have all the fun you want. It’s EZ to be a jackass behind keyboard.”
– Seth Rollins defeated Michael McGillicutty at last night’s RAW live event in Alexandria, Louisiana. Rollins was over with the fans big time after the match.
Share and Enjoy