CM Punk Denies Posting Negative Tweets About WWE, Former WWE Creative Writer Not Fond Of Jim Ross, Jericho Continues Countdown, Former WWE Wrestler Says Today’s Divas Are “Nothing Special”,More
June 17, 2012 · 0 Comments
“Uh. I haven’t tweeted in three days geniuses. Let alone deleted tweets. What are you crazies talking about?” he wrote Saturday.
The messages in question read:
“Lots of times you don’t agree with your boss, but this is plain out stupid. These are the times I question why people still watch us.”
“Not looking forward to the weekend.”
Vince McMahon took another stab at Jim Ross in a backstage segment on Monday’s Raw SuperShow, which saw the WWE Chairman make a horribly contorted face ridiculing the Hall of Fame broadcaster’s affliction with Bell’s palsy. Ross suffers from the condition, which sometimes results in temporary paralysis of his facial muscles. NWA Championship Wrestling from Hollywood producer Joe Franciosi, who worked as a creative writer for WWE in 2010, said he discovered why Ross is often ridiculed by company brass after encountering the legendary broadcaster.
“I sat through tons of meetings where Vince and tons of others would just shred JR,” Franciosi wrote on Twitter. “I wondered why till I met him.”
– Counting down to seven days remaining on his thirty-day WWE suspension due to denigrating the Brazilian flag at a WWE live event in São Paulo on June 14, Chris Jericho tweeted Saturday, “”7 deadly sins, 7 ways to win, 7 holy paths to hell and your trip begins.7 downward slopes, 7 bloodied hopes, 7 are your burning fires, 7.”
– WWE.com has published a photo gallery highlighting Divas past and present to appear on Raw.
Rory McAllister, who appeared for WWE from 2006 to 2008 as a member of The Highlanders, feels today’s crop of Divas don’t compare to the extraordinary bombshells of days gone by. Though attractive in their own right, he categorizes today’s female talent as ‘girls,’ rather than ‘Divas,’ and lacking special, indefinable attributes.
“WWE has some pretty girls working there but what happened to having Divas!? Trish, Candace, Torrie. WOMEN of hotness!” McAllister voiced on Twitter Thursday.
He then makes a daring comparison.
“I can see pretty much most of today’s chicks at any bar on a Friday night. #nothingspecial.”
A follower of McAllister’s stated, “WWE doesn’t believe in having divas who can wrestle, they’d rather just give them 3 minutes and and tell them to bounce around.” The wrestler responded, “Agreed, but they’re not even hot enough to hold my interest.”
He continues, “Like I said I see them in any bar. But! If Trish walked into a bar, EVERYONE would be like “who the fuck is that!” Same goes for Torrie Wilson, Candace, Lita etc. The new chicks have zero “IT” factor.”
McAllister also feels that WWE’s premiere starlet, Kelly Kelly, lacks je ne sais quoi.
“She’s a good lookin chick but no “holy shit” factor!” he wrote.
WWE brass may share similar sentiments; no Diva has solely graced the cover of their magazine since 2006.
Former WWE Diva Ashley Massaro has been announced to appear at her first wrestling show since 2009 for Pro Wrestling Syndicate on September 14 in Rahway, New Jersey. Also scheduled is Kevin Matthews defending the PWS title against Sami Callihan in a falls count anywhere match, Anthony Nese vs. Matt Hardy for the Tri State title; Demolition vs. Warlord and Barbarian. (Event Information)
– As reported earlier, Ryback’s opponents on SmackDown were Ari Cohen (a/k/a Elia Markopoulos and Mike Testa (a/k/a Brian Fury). Both wrestlers appear for several Northeast independent promotions including Chaotic Wrestling and New England Championship Wrestling.
– Lance Storm was asked on Twitter who he thinks should get a better push in WWE. He responded, “Tyson Kidd for starters.”
– Former WWE star Bam Neely turns 37 years old on Sunday. He is retired from wrestling and now works as a night club bouncer in Tampa, Florida.
Share and Enjoy