DDP Says Dave Grohl Was Upset With Him Ripping Off “Smells Like Teen Spirit”, MVP Clarifies WWE Return Comment, Two More Stars Using DDP Yoga, WWE on LI, WrestleReunion Suspends Operations, More Live Notes from Monday’s RAW Supershow, More
April 18, 2012 · 0 Comments
Speaking to Arda Ocal of The Score Television Network, Diamond Dallas Page says word spread among wrestlers of his DDP Yoga workout program after a WWE Hall of Famer tried it out.
“Shawn Michaels was the first to do DDP Yoga,” Page says. “And he told Jericho when he came out of surgery (his last back surgery, where he herniated his L4), we started talking on Twitter, then I called him. In five weeks, he was 85% pain free, in three months he’s 95% pain free. He just headlined Wrestlemania, so I guess he’s feeling pretty good. He got Kane doing it, Santino is a huge supporter on it. Now Zack Ryder, The Miz, Daniel Bryan. I got like twenty guys doing it, it’s really cool. ”
Page also reveals that musician Dave Grohl was upset with his WCW theme song “Self High Five” sounding too similar to Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit.”
“Jimmy Hart and I did the song together, and Jimmy is a genius. I felt that (Smells Like Teen Spirit) was the sound of the 90’s that was awesome for me. Dave Grohl was hot cause that was like a rip off of their music. He heard it and was like “WCW owes us money.” We did just enough (in terms of) changing the notes. So it was it, but wasn’t,” he says.
Page also discusses how he first discovered Yoga and how wrestlers fit the workout into their busy schedules. The full interview is available here.
As noted earlier, MVP seemed to be closing the door on a WWE return on his Twitter. When asked, “When will we hear this from you: I’MMM COMMINNNNN (to wwe),” MVP replied, “Never again.”
MVP later clarified the tweet, saying that he was referring to using the theme song again, and not a WWE return. “I was actually referring to using that theme song he mentioned,” wrote MVP. “I’ve never said I’d ‘never return’ to the WWE. Thanks.”
– Add WWE Superstars Primo and Titus O’Neil to the list of stars using Diamond Dallas Page’s DDP Yoga. Primo said that he has been pain-free since he began the program.
– CM Punk, John Cena and Sheamus vs. Kane, Mark Henry and Daniel Bryan is being advertised for the June 18th RAW Supershow on Long Island, New York.
– WrestlReunion’s Sal Corrente announced on Monday that the group will cease running future conventions for the time being. Part of the reason for the halt in operations is disappointing attendance. The full announcement is at WrestleReunion.com.
– The dark match after Monday’s WWE RAW tapings in London saw CM Punk defend the WWE Title against Chris Jericho. Daniel Bryan interfered and attacked Punk, causing the DQ. This brought out Sheamus for a Brogue Kick on Bryan. Cody Rhodes, Big Show and Alberto Del Rio all came out next followed by Randy Orton. The babyfaces hit their finishers on the heels to end it.
It was noted that the crowd booed Sheamus when he Brogue kicked Bryan in the dark main event and popped when Bryan dodged the kick during the show.
After John Cena lost his main event match to Lord Tensai, he was helped to the back by officials as the crowd sang, “Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye.”
– Mick Foley continued ranting on FCW star Dean Ambrose in a new blog on his website:
“Given my history of concussions, I would have to be an absolute idiot to place my future in the hands of someone I don’t trust. Since I like to think I am not an idiot, I won’t be placing any trust in him [Ambrose]. He had the golden ticket, and he blew it, because he would not honor the simple request I made – to his face – to not include my children in any way in his tweets. If I can’t trust him to honor that simple request, I certainly can’t trust him not to take liberties in the ring.”
– While speaking with ZooToday.com to promote the DVD release of Recoil, Steve Austin talked about returning to the ring for WWE:
“If the right situation, the right opponent and the right circumstances came up for the WWE, then it would certainly be something worth considering. Could I have another match or two? Yeah. Physically I am in really good shape right now. People seem to think I am half-dead!… In my movies, I do some pretty hellacious fight scenes that, maybe, a normal person couldn’t do. So my physicality is fine, my neck is fine after having it all fused-up. I am not pitching for another match but if it was a win-win situation for everybody, then absolutely, I would consider it.”
– Finlay will debut for Ring of Honor vs. ROH TV Champion Roderick Strong at the Border Wars event in Toronto on May 12th. Other matches announced include Rhino vs. Eddie Edwards, Lance Storm vs. Mike Bennett and The Briscoes vs. Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin.
– As seen on last night’s RAW Supershow, Daniel Bryan has re-named his LaBell Lock submission move. The new name is the YES! Lock.
– WWE issued a press release on Monday touting their debut in Moscow, Russia on April 11th. WWE reportedly had 6,000 fans attend the show. Triple H was quoted:
“The response from our fans in Moscow at Luzhniki was overwhelming. WWE is very proud to have already established such a loyal fan base in Russia in a little over a year. We look forward to returning again in the near future and delivering an even bigger experience.”
Daniel Bryan spoke with HuffingtonPost.com about his decision to become a vegan:
“My health is so much better. I’m bigger now than I was eating meat. My lifts in the gym are better. I’m in better shape. A lot of people thought you couldn’t be a top-level athlete as a vegan, but people like Mac Danzig and Jake Shields are proving that’s wrong. And it’s better for me as a performer. The other wrestlers just think it’s weird. They don’t understand it.”
– Several WWE Superstars will be appearing at the Brooklyn Cyclones minor league baseball game on June 27th at MCU Park in Brooklyn, NY. This is part of the “be a STAR” anti-bullying campaign. There will be an anti-bullying rally before the game with WWE stars from 5:30pm until 7:30pm.
– The Miz has been telling his fans on Twitter to be patient when they complain about he is being used on RAW each week. A fan commented how Miz wasn’t on RAW this week and he replied:
“Mizfits, like GNR once sang “All we need is just a little Patience””
Share and Enjoy