How Miami Landed WrestleMania 28, Cost for WWE Golf Tournament Evan Bourne Update, Backstage News on Layla’s Return,and More
March 27, 2012 · 0 Comments
- The Miami Herald has a new article up looking at the business side of WWE’s WrestleMania. They noted that to win WrestleMania this year, the committee in Miami-Dade County sent a box of stone-crab claws from the famous Joe’s to WWE headquarters and a pledge of up to $2 million in cash, free venue space throughout the county and other donated services.
The Herald also noted that tickets for the charity WrestleMania Premiere party at Star Island on Saturday night run $300 while the cost for a team of three people to join a WWE star in the pro-am WrestleMania golf tournament is $2,500.
A representative from StubHub reported to The Herald that one WWE fan has paid $7,400 for a third row seat to the big event.
Evan Bourne wrote on Twitter that he has been in the hospital for a week now. Bourne revealed that he had a bad accident last week and broke his foot in 4 spots and dislocated it in 5 more.
– As noted before, Layla returned to the ring at a FCW event this past week and received high marks from FCW officials.
On a related note, it’s said that some top officials in WWE have been looking forward to Layla being able to return for some time now as she is a favorite. One WWE source was under the impression that Layla will be pushed after WrestleMania 28.
After being crowned the first-ever FWE Women’s Champion last month in New York, former WWE Diva Maria Kanellis lost the title this weekend to TNA Knockout Winter. Winter appeared at the event and put herself into the match between Maria and TNA Knockout Rosita. Winter will defend the title next month against Melina.
– Word going around over the weekend was that The Miz will be added as the final participant to Team Laurinaitis. Miz and Mick Foley went back and forth on Twitter over the weekend after Foley teased a possible spot on Team Long.
The final two participants for the match will be announced on tonight’s RAW Supershow. The match currently looks like this:
David Otunga, Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Christian & TBA (with John Laurinaitis, Brie Bella & Vickie Guerrero) vs. Santino Marella, Zack Ryder, The Great Khali, Kofi Kingston, R-Truth & TBA (with Teddy Long, Nikki Bella, Aksana & Hornswoggle)
The General Manager of the winning team will control both RAW and SmackDown and if Team Laurinaitis wins, Christian will get a shot at the World Heavyweight Title, per the storylines.
– Here is the latest WrestleMania tease from former WWE Women’s Champion Madusa:
“Soooo now that monster jam is done…. Now where should I go? Hmmmmm MIAMI?”
– Shane Helms won’t be appearing at Sean Waltman and Kevin Nash’s pre-WrestleMania party this Friday night in Miami. Helms has a prior booking with Lucha Libre USA but will still be at WrestleReunion. He is being replaced at the party by Diamond Dallas Page.
Share and Enjoy