JBL’s Rough Climb, FCW Star at SmackDown, Post-RAW Update on Brodus Clay, More Details on WWE’s New “Main Event” TV Show Debuting In October, Randy Orton Answers Fan Questions on His Time Away from WWE and More
June 28, 2012 · 0 Comments
Randy Orton was asked by a fan on Twitter this morning how home was treating him during his time off from WWE. Orton replied that he has been strength training with a trainer four times a week. Orton added that it feels good to be refreshed but he’s ready to return.
Orton took more fan questions and confirmed that his punt kick was banned. He also joked that Brodus Clay is his dream opponent.
One fan asked Orton if it was true that he was smoking marijuana. Orton replied, “I can neither confirm, no deny.”
Finally, another fan referenced a recent interview by Ken Doane where he claimed John Cena was trying to get Orton fired. Orton replied:
“I’ve never seen reporters backstage. As for your ‘news’ sites. Look at them for entertainment, not actual backstage happenings”
Sandra Toffoloni, sister to Nancy Benoit and the woman who runs the Nancy and Daniel Benoit Foundation at NancyandDanielBenoitFoundation.org, wrote on Twitter that thanks to Paul Heyman, an un-named WWE Superstar was going to triple donations made to the foundation on the day of the 5 year anniversary of the tragedy. No word yet who that WWE Superstar was but Sandra later wrote that even with the tripling of donations, it was only $58.
– WWE Champion CM Punk has been announced for the Ohio Comic Con from the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, Ohio. Punk will be appearing Saturday, September 29th from 1pm until 6pm.
– Former WWE Champion JBL is in Russia trying to conquer Mount Elbrus. He wrote this morning:
“Got hypoxia and was fighting frostbite, still made it to 1,000 feet of summit then huge storm pushed us off mountain. Lucky to be alive.”
– Brodus Clay wrote the following on Twitter after being taken out by Big Show on RAW:
“Funkateers Thank u all! lil dizzy and icing my knee see what dr says in am”
– FCW Divas Champion Raquel Diaz (Shaul Guerrero) wrote on Twitter that she’s traveling with the SmackDown brand to Indiana for tonight’s tapings.
– As noted before, WWE will premiere a new show called WWE Main Event on the ION Television network beginning Wednesday, October 3rd at 8pm EST. The one-hour show will feature WWE Superstars and Divas every Wednesday night.
Word is that the show will be a step up from Superstars, occasionally featuring top Superstars and some of the top storylines from RAW and SmackDown.
WWE will likely be taping Main Event on Tuesday nights before SmackDown.
Share and Enjoy