New Matches, Talent and Video Promo Revealed for Extreme Reunion in Philadelphia, Evan Bourne Update, Nash Comments on Punk & the WWE Title, McMahon In Game Informer, News on the Bar CM Punk Visited on RAW and More
April 18, 2012 · 0 Comments
Matches confirmed for the show include Sabu vs. Shane Douglas, Justin Credible vs. Jerry Lynn, Al Snow vs. CW Anderson, Balls Mahoney vs. Axl Rotten, The BWO vs. The FBI and Raven vs. Pitbull Gary Wolfe.
Other talents announced include 2 Cold Scorpio, Joel Gertner, The Sandman, New Jack, Mustafa and other surprises. New talents will also debut that will be working for the promotion in the future.
Extreme Reunion will be using original ECW ring announcers Bob Artese and Stephen DeAngeleis as well as referees Mike Kehner and John Finnegan. Ronnie Lang’s Atlas Security will also be handling security.
– Kevin Nash gave props to WWE Champion CM Punk after watching last night’s RAW Supershow:
“just got done with Raw.Punk needs to keep the belt at least till next May”
A fan replied that WWE would never have anyone hold the WWE Title for that long. Nash replied:
“what is old is now new. let him have that love affair with the fans make them pat to see him get beat make it epic. Make a heel”
– Evan Bourne is still on crutches after breaking his foot several weeks ago. Bourne wrote on Monday:
“Getting very good at hopping around on one foot. Friends report my crutching skills are 8/10. #mobile”
– The Bella Twins were backstage for Monday’s WWE RAW Supershow in London but were not used on TV. They had been scheduled for this week’s tapings in London. No word yet on why they weren’t used on TV. They reportedly filmed a segment for WWE’s website.
A photo of Vince McMahon is featured in the new issue of Game Informer. Vince is shown with one of the writers and is labeled as a “wrestling star.”
– Tickets for WWE’s RAW tour of Brazil are still available. Tickets for the May 20th Over the Limit pay-per-view in Raleigh, North Carolina are also now on sale.
– Brock Lesnar has been added to the RAW Supershow opening video, as seen last night.
– Mary sent word that the bar CM Punk walked into on RAW from London was The Pilot Inn in Greenwich, about a 10 minute walk from the O2 Arena. Mary, who was in the pub when Punk and the WWE crew arrived, says Punk did not have any fish & chips like he said because the bar wasn’t serving food at that time.
WWE’s website is playing the angle up and wondering if Punk really went in the bar to drink. They are promising answers on next week’s three-hour RAW Supershow.
– WWE’s website posted a video of John Cena being treated by WWE doctors after the green mist spray from Lord Tensai on RAW last night. The video shows Cena getting his face cleaned off and being helped to the back by officials. As noted earlier, the crowd sang “goodbye” to Cena as he left.
– WWE officials were very happy with the Brock Lesnar video interview that aired on RAW last night. The video was taped last week.
– As noted before, The Bella Twins were backstage at RAW in London on Monday but were not used on TV. WWE’s website posted a video of The Twins backstage being interviewed. Nikki talks about deserving a WWE Divas Title shot and was confronted by Divas Champion Beth Phoenix. Beth appeared and said she was going to speak with John Laurinaitis to set the match up. It sounds like the match may take place on SmackDown this week or next week’s three-hour RAW.
Tajiri was trending worldwide on Twitter last night after Lord Tensai spit the green mist at John Cena. Other terms trending last night includes fish & chips, The Yes Lock, Abraham Washington and Chief Jay Strongbow, among others.
– Speaking of Abraham Washington, it appears he is no longer trying to “sign” Mark Henry. Abe appeared on last night’s RAW Supershow and was scouting the match with WWE Tag Team Champions Epico & Primo vs. Big Show and The Great Khali. Since last week, Washington has wrote on Twitter how his phone is ringing off the hook with talents wanting him to represent them.
– Former WCW star Konnan recently appeared on the MLW.com podcast about Alberto Del Rio, Sin Cara, Kevin Nash, racism in wrestling and lots more. The full interview can be heard at MLW.com or on iTunes. Konnan had the following to say about Del Rio wanting to quit WWE before he was called up to the main roster:
“The trainers over at FCW told me that when [Del Rio] came in, he was terrible. He said basically, I’m not making any money here [in developmental], I’m going home. My wife is pregnant and I’m out. I’m going back to Mexico.”
“John Laurinaitis told one of the trainers, we’re going to be inducting Mil Mascaras into the Hall of Fame and we kind of want someone to induct him. We need to push a Latino guy. Just put him on the road and see how he does.”
– WWE released the following video promoting Brock Lesnar and John Cena’s Extreme Rules contract singing for next week’s three-hour RAW:
Devin sent the following: WWE will be holding a Raw & Smackdown Supershow at the State Farm Arena in Hidalgo, Texas on Sunday, July 1st, 2012. Bell time is 5 PM.
– As seen on Brock Lesnar’s new WWE ring gear, Lesnar is being allowed to wear clothing that has his sponsors on them. Lesnar’s team must have negotiated a very unique deal as he is the first person in WWE history to be under WWE contract and have that right.
– Sources report that WWE has offered women’s wrestler Rachelle St. Clair a developmental deal. St. Clair, real name Rachel Walker, tried out for WWE back in November of 2011 during the UK tour.
Share and Enjoy