Old School Theme for Next Live SmackDown, The Rock’s Dad Talks About His Training, Rumored Change for WWE ’13, New Details on the WrestleMania 28 Set and More ,
April 1, 2012 · 0 Comments
The next live WWE SmackDown special on Tuesday, April 10th from Hampton, Virginia is being promoted as having an “old school” theme. The cast of WWE Legends House are advertised. Six-man action with Big Show, Sheamus and Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan, Mark Henry and Cody Rhodes is advertised also.
– WWE Hall of Famer Rocky Johnson spoke with SportsTownChicago.com about his son The Rock training for WrestleMania 28. Johnson said:
“My boy has been ready getting in shape on the set, and even had a ring built on the movie set. He would practice any chance he wanted because he knew this was going to be the biggest WrestleMania ever! He had a couple of ex-wrestlers on the set with him so he would work out with them. He is in fantastic shape. He gets off the movie set at 7 at night and gets in the ring for a few hours, then eats, showers, and goes to bed. Then he is up again at 4am the next day.”
– For those who missed it, the WrestleMania 28 dark match will stream on WWE.com and YouTube at 6:30pm EST on Sunday. WWE Tag Team Champions Primp and Epico with Rosa Mendes will defend the belts against The Usos and the team of Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel.
– THQ officials are reportedly dropping the Road to WrestleMania mode for the WWE ’13 video game and replacing it with a regular “story mode.”
– New details are coming out about the Hell in a Cell structure for WrestleMania 28. The Cell will be hanging at the top of the gantry that sits above the ring and be hidden behind the huge LCD screens that broadcast the pay-per-view.
The gantry above the ring will be decorated in the shape of a large palm tree with several real palm trees to go around it. WWE did their first fly-over test on Thursday and everything went well.
Terry Taylor, who is reportedly returning to work with WWE developmental, has been spotted at the WWE hotel in Miami.
– Teddy Long and John Laurinaitis did a Q&A session at WrestleMania 28 Axxess this morning. WWE Hall of Famer Mae Young appeared and had words with Laurinaitis.
– Former WWE Superstar Fit Finlay has reportedly returned to WWE in an agents role. He will start with the company this weekend and finish up his independent commitments over the next few weeks.
Share and Enjoy