Piper Impressed with CM Punk, WWE Worried About Top Stars Leaving, WWE & Slim Jim, Backstage News on Sheamus, WWE Pushing Younger Talents?, Heat on The Rock
April 2, 2012 · 0 Comments
“Feel like I got run over by a truck…and in a way I did. The better man won last night. I guess its time for me to move on.”
The talk when Jericho first returned to WWE was that he would likely be leaving after WrestleMania but recent reports have suggested that he will stick around and still tour with Fozzy this summer.
During WrestleMania 28 last night, WWE announced that with Slim Jim, they are donating $500,000 worth of product to the troops. WWE announced the promotion in late 2011 where fans could buy 2 Slim Jim’s and Slim Jim would donate a third to the Armed Forces. The pledge was met and the products will be sent to the troops soon.
– WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper gave props to WWE Champion CM Punk on Twitter last night after WrestleMania 28:
“Like to thank@CMPUNK for the respect and more the talent he has.The Sky is CM’s limit. I’m very impressed with the performer & more the Man!”
– There was a fear within WWE that WrestleMania 28 would do good but things would quickly turn bad with top stars like Shawn Michaels, The Rock, Triple H and The Undertaker leaving this week. This is part of the reason why officials want to do something with Batista and Brock Lesnar.
There was a push in Miami this weekend for WWE to begin pushing some of the younger talents on the Road to WrestleMania 29 in 2013.
– There was heat on The Rock among some of the Legends and talents in Miami this week for not attending the Hall of Fame ceremony on Saturday night. No word yet on why he didn’t attend.
– WWE officials are reportedly planning a lengthy World Heavyweight Title run for Sheamus.
– WWE Superstar Trent Baretta wrote the following cryptic message on Twitter last night after WrestleMania 28:
“This is the time of the year that you eat oysters until you realize that you don’t like oysters.”
Several fans responded and took it as Baretta complaining about his spot with the company.
– As noted before, TNA wanted WWE to mention them on the Hall of Fame ceremony in return for allowing Ric Flair to appear. WWE turned down that request but reportedly agreed to another one – a WWE talent appearing on a TNA DVD.
Details are sketchy right now but TNA wanted a WWE wrestler to come into their studio as a “talking head” and speak on one of their DVD releases. TNA asked for this in exchange for allowing Flair to appear on the WrestleMania 28 DVD.
Share and Enjoy