Rey Mysterio Returning to a Push, Guerrero Makes FCW Divas Title History, Legendary Rock Band May Perform At SummerSlam, Layla Reveals Her True Age More
June 26, 2012 · 0 Comments
– Rey Mysterio’s 60 day suspension ends today and he is eligible to return to action. Word this weekend was that Rey won’t be returning until next week’s TV tapings but he will indeed be pushed upon returning.
– FCW Diva Raquel Diaz (Shaul Marie Guerrero) has officially become the longest-reigning FCW Divas Champion in history. This weekend she passed the record of 189 days, held by current WWE Diva Naomi, who now dances with Brodus Clay.
Diaz defeated Audrey Maria for the FCW Divas Title back in December of 2011. Diaz, who worked this weekend’s WWE SmackDown events as ring announcer, wrote the following on Twitter:
“Longest reigning FCW Divas Champion today! Think that’s making history?! Wait till you see what I do next;) #LoveIr”
– Metallica may appear at SummerSlam on August 19; the legendary heavy metal group is in negotiations with WWE to perform at the pay-per-view event.
Metallica’s The Memory Remains was used by WWE as one of the official WrestleMania XXVIII theme songs to promote the “End of an Era” Hell in a Cell match between Triple H and The Undertaker.
– WWE Divas Champion Layla celebrates her birthday today, however, it is not her thirty-fourth as numerous websites list. She stated yesterday on Twitter that she actually turns thirty-five years old today.
– Vickie Guerrero, who will reign as Interim General Manager on Raw SuperShow and SmackDown this week, tweeted the following: “Ready for my week to have control of Raw and Smackdown…..my office better be ready for occupancy.”
– Jerry “The King” Lawler stated on Twitter that he’ll be on hand for Tuesday’s SmackDown taping in Evansville, Indiana for a match against Michael Cole. It is unclear whether the bout will a dark match or televised since the official website of The Ford Center does not have it advertised.
– The former Bella Twins stated on Twitter that they attended the premiere of Magic Mike over the weekend: “It’s a must see! @RealKevinNash was awesome! Besos!”
WWE sent out the following press release on Monday, announcing the hiring of two the comapny’s Sales & Partnership Marketing Team:
World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. : WWE® Adds Bill Hirsh and Ted Van Zelst to Sales & Partnership Marketing Team
WWE (NYSE: WWE) today announced the appointments of Bill Hirsh and Ted Van Zelst each as Vice President, Integrated Sales. Hirsh and Van Zelst will be responsible for sales and building key marketing partner relationships for the company and report to WWE Executive Vice President of Sales & Partnership Marketing, Andrew Judelson. These new hires are part of a broader, deeper commitment and evolution of the WWE sales function.
Prior to joining WWE, Hirsh was Vice President, Corporate Partnerships at the NHL’s New Jersey Devils/Prudential Center where he oversaw corporate partnerships and new business development. Before that, Hirsh was Vice President, National Sales at Screenvision, where he managed advertising deals, strategic partnerships and integrated marketing programs nationwide. Hirsh also spent nearly a decade at Madison Square Garden as Director of Media and Marketing Partnerships handling national sales for the New York Rangers, New York Knicks, MSG Network and other MSG properties. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Speech Communication from San Diego State University.
Van Zelst joins WWE from Live Nation, where he was Vice President, National Property Sales. He was responsible for the sale of all national music sponsorship platforms, including headlining tours, venues, content and digital networks. Before joining Live Nation, Van Zelst held the position of Director, Corporate Marketing at NASCAR where he increased revenue growth through the sale of official partnerships, media platforms and team sponsorships. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology from Indiana University.
ION TELEVISION DEBUTS WWE MAIN EVENT
STAMFORD, Conn., June 25, 2012 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) and ION Television today announced a new weekly one-hour original series airing on Wednesday nights at 8/7C. WWE Main Event will debut on October 3, 2012, and feature WWE Superstars and Divas from the rosters of Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown. The new show will be available in 100 million U.S. television households on ION Television, a top-rated general entertainment network that features a broad mix of critically acclaimed series, movies and original programming.
“ION Television is delighted to begin a new partnership with such a successful and well-recognized franchise as WWE,” said Brandon Burgess, CEO, ION Media Networks. “As a general entertainment network with a solid foundation, WWE Main Event is a great addition to our lineup that features something for everyone. We look forward to introducing our ION audience to all of the excitement and drama WWE has to offer as well as welcoming a passionate new fan base to the network.”
“WWE looks forward to this new partnership with ION Television,” said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman and CEO. “We are excited about producing this new television show, WWE Main Event, and bringing our fans to ION Television every Wednesday.”
WWE Main Event will feature in-ring action and fit seamlessly in storylines from Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown, making Wednesday night appointment viewing for fans. The new series will offer a big arena experience with live audiences like current WWE weekly programs.
Share and Enjoy