Ryback Addresses Comparisons To Goldberg, Chris Benoit’s WWE Theme For Sale, Former WWE Writer Says Vince McMahon Wanted to Fight Him After a Disagreement
June 26, 2012 · 0 Comments
- Former WWE SmackDown head writer Alex Greenfield spoke with Mister Saint Laurent this past week on MLW Radio and shared a story about the time Vince McMahon asked him to “step outside” after a creative disagreement. The full interview can be heard at MLW.com. Greenfield said about the incident:
“We’re standing right outside the arena. There are fans way back behind the fence wondering what Mr. McMahon is yelling at this little Jewish kid for. I just refused to back down. I was like, my way is the right way. You did it wrong. He said, Damnit, I wish you were 6′ 7″ and I said, I’m not, but I’m standing right here.”
“And there was a moment in that conversation where I thought he was just going to haul off and punch me in the face. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not talking like a badass here like I would have won this confrontation necessarily. He probably would have broken my jaw.”
“But he really thought about it. I’m convinced to this day that he thought about knocking the [expletive] out of me.”
Ryback addressed comparisons to Bill Goldberg during an interview with the July 2012 issue of WWE Magazine. When asked what his look tells WWE Universe members, Ryback responded, “All the Rob Van Dam comparisons are fine with me because we actually have the same airbrush guy. I feel like I’m a colorful person in terms of my personality and what people are going to see over time. The plain black look just didn’t cut it for me. It worked for Austin, it worked for Goldberg, but I’m not Austin or Goldberg—I’m Ryback.”
He was also asked why people should care about him over anyone else: “I bring an intensity and excitement that nobody’s seen in a long time. When you watch a Ryback match, you’re going to be entertained one way or another, whether it lasts for two minutes or twenty minutes.
– The late Chris Benoit’s theme song is available for purchase via iTunes. “Whatever” was released under WWE’s 2002 compilation album Forceable Entry. The song is being sold by Sony, which produced the album, not WWE.
– Former WWE Superstars Hillbilly Jim, Jacques Rougeau, Hardcore Holly and Michael Tarver have been announced for Legends of the Ring 15, which takes place October 13 at the Crowne Plaza in Monroe, New Jersey.
WWE Divas Champion Layla turns 34 years old today while former WWE wrestler Damien Demento turns 54.
– Big Show lashed out at his haters on Twitter this morning:
“I laugh at the haters. None of you can even lace my boots. I have competed with the best. My accomplishments are legendary. u wish u were me”
– As noted before, Lilian Garcia participated in the 10th Annual LOPen Charity Golf and Concert to benefit the Akron Children Hospital in Akron, Ohio this past weekend. Lilian noted on Twitter that they raised over $100,000 for the hospital and that WWE’s donation for the auction raised over $14,000.
Share and Enjoy