Sheamus Returns Home to Ireland, Phoenix Reunites with Dad, Sir Mo, SmackDown, No Yokozuna In WWE ’13, WWE Looks at Lord Tensai Opponents, More
April 14, 2012 · 0 Comments
– World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus returned home for Thursday’s SmackDown live event from Dublin, Ireland. Sheamus defeated Daniel Bryan in the main event and received a huge ovation as he came out for the match. Fans in attendance report that Sheamus almost was brought to tears because of the reaction. Sheamus spoke to the crowd after the match and said the World Heavyweight Title was for the people of Ireland.
– WWE Divas Champion Beth Phoenix also got a “hometown” reaction at the WWE live event in Poland yesterday. Beth’s family is apparently from Poland as she wrote that she reunited with her dad while there:
“Poland was a dream. Reunited with my dad, enjoyed an incredible “welcome home” ovation,& some quality facetime with the one I love! #blessed”
– WWE’s website has an article up looking at potential opponents for Lord Tensai. They list Ryback, Sheamus, Yoshi Tatsu again, Kane, Brodus Clay and John Cena.
– As noted before, WWE Studios will re-release No Holds Barred on DVD this July 3rd. The DVD is priced at just $10.49.
– THQ representatives wrote on Twitter that there are currently no plans to include 2012 Hall of Famer Yokozuna in the WWE ’13 video game. WWE ’13 will reportedly have a nostalgia element to it but it won’t focus on Yoko’s era.
– Former WWE Diva Maria Kanellis recently spoke with the VOC Wrestling Nation in Philadelphia. Here are some highlights:
On ROH’s status: We have already surpassed TNA. We are bringing in new stars and making celebrities out of them. We have the top stars in the world.
On the YES chant: That was started over 2 months ago at ROH; we were surprised that it took that long to catch on there.
On why she came back to wrestling: I took a year off and got the itch. I have always had passion for wrestling; I watched when I was a kid.
On getting released by the WWE: John Laurinaitis called and released me the day after my birthday. I was starting to do more mainstream things and they didn’t want to give me a pay raise. There were tons of opportunities elsewhere. They didn’t want to give me the opportunity to do other things.
On Twitter: I want to come through the screen and strangle Michael Cole. He is not the person that should be talking about trends. ROH is more concerned with who is seeing the show than who is talking about it on Twitter.
– WWE will return to Tokyo, Japan for SmackDown events on August 9th and 10th of this year.
– Here is the synopsis for WWE’s $10 DVD on John Cena that’s a part of the new Superstars Collection. The Cena DVD comes out with the Zack Ryder DVD on July 3rd:
“Since ascending to the pinnacle of WWE superstardom, John Cena has stared down an endless gauntlet of doubters, haters, as well as the fiercest challengers WWE has to offer, and risen above them all. His determination and resilience have earned him legions of fans, and nothing brings the members of Cenation to their feet more than seeing their hero rise to the occasion inside the squared circle. With this special compilation, relive some of the greatest battles featuring the most popular WWE Superstar of this generation, including matches never-before released on DVD!”
– Rumors are that WWE Diva Layla will return to TV once RAW and SmackDown return from the current overseas tour.
Share and Enjoy