Trish Stratus Dog Barking Segment Brought Up During Linda McMahon Debate, Stipulation Added To John Cena vs. Big Show Match At No Way Out – Final Card, Brodus Clay Injury Angle Going Into No Way Out, New FCW Tag Team Champions Crowned, Otunga Comments on Clay,
June 17, 2012 · 0 Comments
Former Connecticut Rep. Chris Shays took aim at U.S. Senate frontrunner Linda McMahon and the content of WWE programming several times during an hour-long Republican debate at the University of Connecticut Thursday, saying that the wrestling organization’s stories are the real “war on women.” At two points, he referred to McMahon’s husband, Vince McMahon, making a woman—Trish Stratus—remove her clothing and bark like a dog during a skit.
“I think when you force a woman to take off all her clothes in an arena, and get down on the ground and bark like a dog, I think that’s assault on women,” said Shays.
“You can’t talk about you’re a job creator without talking about the jobs you created,” he told reporters after the debate, adding how McMahon has no answers to his criticism. Shays also referenced stories of WWE wrestlers who have died young, which have been widely attributed to the use of performance-enhancing drugs. McMahon, however, steered away from his WWE-related criticism to focus on her job plans.
“I’m very proud of the company that I have helped grow, from the point of time when my husband and I shared a desk,” said McMahon. “I’m proud of the jobs that I have created here in Connecticut, and I’m proud of the millions of dollars that we have put into the economy here in our state.”
“A job creator?” Shays responded. “Hugh Hefner is a job creator. I don’t want Hugh Hefner being there, and I don’t want Linda McMahon being there.”
Additional details from the debate are available here.
WWE Executive Vice President of Talent Relations and Raw and SmackDown General Manager John Laurinaitis stated on Friday’s SmackDown that if John Cena lays his hands on him and if Big Show is victorious Sunday night at No Way Out, he will fire Cena. It was announced on Monday’s Raw SuperShow that Laurinaitis will be fired by Vince McMahon if Big Show loses.
The announced card is as follows:
* John Cena vs. Big Show – Steel Cage Match
* World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler
* WWE Champion CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Kane – Triple Threat Match
* Intercontinental Champion Christian vs. Cody Rhodes
* Divas Champion Layla vs. Beth Phoenix
* United States Champion Santino Marella vs. Ricardo Rodriguez – Tuxedo Match (Non-Title)
* Brodus Clay vs. David Otunga (Pre-Show Match)
After being attacked on last night’s WWE SmackDown by David Otunga, WWE reports that Brodus Clay has suffered a torn MCL in his left knee but will still compete against Otunga in the No Way Out pre-show match on Sunday. WWE adds that Clay will be undergoing rehab over the next few weeks.
ECW Original The Sandman turns 49 years old today while The Ultimate Warrior turns 53.
– David Otunga wrote the following on Twitter about the storyline injury to Brodus Clay:
“So Brodus has a Grade 2 MCL tear. Is that all I did? Sunday at @WWE #NoWayOut his MCL is going to be completely destroyed = No more dancing!”
– FCW stars Leakee and Mike Dalton became the new FCW Tag Team Champions at last night’s WWE developmental event in Palatka, Florida. They defeated the former champions – Corey Graves and Jake Carter (Vader’s son). You can see a photo of the new champions below:
-Lords Of Pain
Share and Enjoy