WWE Launching Two New Television Programs, Report on Brock Lesnar’s WWE Status, Otunga Gets Props, WWE-Twitter News New Network Shows Revealed, Who Won the WrestleMania Golf Event?, Weather Update from Miami, Bellas, More
April 1, 2012 · 0 Comments
WWE officials held a state of the business meeting this week in Miami, Florida and it was disclosed to Variety that the organization has plans to launch a one-hour weekly television show on a yet to be announced United States television station. WWE will also produce an hour-long Spanish-language program. Details on both shows were not issued. Additional news from the meeting are as follows:
* WWE announced the following series for the forthcoming WWE Network: WWE Divas Tour Bus, WrestleMania Rewind, The Monday Night War: Raw vs Nitro and WWE Countdown.
* The official cast list for the WWE Network program WWE Legends’ House is “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan, Hillbilly Jim, Howard Finkel, Jimmy Hart, Mean Gene Okerlund, Pat Patterson, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Tony Atlas.
* WWE would not reveal business plans for the WWE Network nor the potential launch date. “We continue to evaluate the best approach,” said Michelle Wilson, Chief Marketing Officer of WWE.
– Below is the latest episode of Santino Marella’s Foreign Exchange:
– Speaking of Santino, the United States Champion defeated Dolph Ziggler at WrestleMania Axxess today. Santino wrote on Twitter:
“I just be beat dolf ziggler at #axxess in a loser leaves axxess match, where there were no count outs, no dq’s and falls counted anywhere”
– John Cena brought along Sheamus and Layla to the Make-A-Wish pizza party tonight in Miami. We will have more notes from the event later on.
– Sports Illustrated named The Bella Twins as their “Lovely Lady Of The Day” today.
– After a downpour earlier today in Miami, there is now just a 20% chance of rain for tomorrow night’s WrestleMania 28 pay-per-view. Going into the end of the show, The Weather Channel is calling for just a 10% chance of rain and through the event, the average temperature is 77°.
– ESPN reports that Rey Mysterio’s group won the scramble-format competition for the WrestleMania 28 ProAm Golf Tournament earlier this week, at 17-under. The Miz’s group placed fourth at -13 while Sgt. Slaughter’s group and Zack Ryder’s group finished -14. ESPN noted that Mysterio played the tournament without his mask on except when the cameras were on him.
– David Otunga has been getting props from everyone for what he did earlier by bringing the boy from Haiti backstage at WrestleMania 28 to meet the other Superstars, as reported earlier today by TMZ.
– WWE hit a milestone on Twitter this weekend as they have broke 1 million followers.
– The story going around Miami is that Brock Lesnar has signed a one-yer deal with WWE and will work a “more than Undertaker and less than Goldberg” type of schedule. This report is unconfirmed. Lesnar is in Miami with security and is surrounded by a large group of people shielding him from everyone.
Share and Enjoy