WWE Releases Expected Soon, WrestleMania XXIX Tickets, Del Rio At FCW, WWE Acknowledges Brock Lesnar’s MMA Career, Beulah McGillicutty Profiled, More
April 8, 2012 · 0 Comments
— Alberto Del Rio appears for Florida Championship Wrestling tonight in Punta Gorda, Florida as he will be signing autographs prior to the show. Details are available here.
— WWE has no live events scheduled for this weekend.
— With WrestleMania XXVIII in the books and new talent being promoted to the main roster, there’s a lot of talk that WWE’s annual talent purge will occur “sooner than later.” This week alone saw the debut of six new talents, and according to Jim Ross, many more wrestlers from Florida Championship Wrestling will likely be introduced in the coming weeks.
WWE.com’s newly posted bio on Brock Lesnar acknowledges his career as a mixed martial artist. However, no mention is made of UFC.
The bio reads: “Possessing the type of staggering strength and scary intensity usually only seen in Superman villains, the 6-foot-3, 266-pound freak of nature from Minneapolis, Minn., has forced his way to the top of every major combat sport. He won the NCAA Division I collegiate wrestling championship as a senior at the University of Minnesota, the WWE Championship within six months of his debut and the heavyweight title in his fourth professional MMA fight. Plain and simple, the man was built to destroy.”
— WWE.com profiles former ECW personality Beulah McGillicutty in the latest edition of “Where Are They Now?” She discusses her time in the “Land of Extreme,” her family and becoming a children’s book author. She also explains why she left the professional wrestling industry in 1998.
“I just felt it was time for me to move on with my life. I was turning 30 and wanted to go back to college and start a family,” Beulah said.
— WWE.com is advertising Mick Foley for the SmackDown brand’s tour of Mexico next month. He is also advertised for the May 23 Smackdown live event at the Mid Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, New York.
erry Lynn vs. Justin Credible has added to the Extreme Reunion event on April 28th in Philadelphia.
– As noted before, WWE Champion CM Punk will be appearing at the Chicago Comic Con on August 11th. Punk was announced today as one of the event’s headliners.
– WWE has a new article up looking at who could challenge Sheamus for the World Heavyweight Title next. They list Alberto Del Rio, Big Show, Daniel Bryan and members of Team Laurinaitis. They also wrote the following about Brock Lesnar possibly taking Sheamus on:
“And finally, there is also the 500-pound elephant in the room. Just one week ago, the thought of a Brock Lesnar-Sheamus title bout may have seemed like nothing more than a fantasy. But Lesnar’s shocking presence Monday night opens up the imagination to all kinds of possibilities. Though his intentions are not clear as this moment, his very name adds fuel to the fires of speculation as the WWE Universe plays a very real game of “Who’s Next?” in line to challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship.”
Scott Steiner, who parted ways with TNA Wrestling last week, posted numerous messages on Twitter Thursday slamming his formerly employer’s brain trust, particularly Hulk Hogan. He also alleges that TNA controls Sting’s account on the microblogging site.
* When these assholes got control they tried to takeover everybodys twitter page
* u didnt have twitter they made one up for U…so u people who think yur tweeting sting its not him
* He told me he doesnt watch the show.so hes not tweeting about a show he doesnt watch
* Evrybody refused to sign over twitter so every wk u get an email begging u to twitter what they want
* Got one today,Please tweet this;Hogan take over as GM wonder what he will do…WTF really
* Even if u r not on show Please tweet..so the booking team of pritchard bischoff n hogan wont book U want u to tweet about hogan
* Tweet about yurself hogan nobody else wants to tweet about u u fucking mark
* Im tweeting what they wish they could
* Wondeting what hogans going to do…hmmmm…hes a fn mark so hes going to make a couple of matches that ppl want to see
* Nothing more unprofessional than a heel wanting to be cheered
* So ppl cheer him which pissd everybody off especially sting bcuz he had to wrestle him
* Have the future of wrestling garrett do something bcuz eric told him to in booking meeting….what a fucking joke
* Now hes good but hes going to everything like he did when he was bad bcuz he was first good
* And that produced the worst ratings ever so he went bad which was just as bad as when he was good
* Then his bad wasnt any good bcuz his ratings still sucked so he turnd back to good from bad
* Wtf y’all get his bullshit ….dont forget to say BROTHER ..bcuz its fresh
* Stupid mofo
* Remember deny u had anything to do with the release of the sex tape to try n get more sales
* How kardashian of u….Homomania running wild..his shit writes itself
* His w
* His ex-wife said he was gay right!!!..hhmmm who brought in Orlando Jordan
Share and Enjoy