WWE Signs Buggy Nova? – Appears At Florida Championship Wrestling Event, Goldust Not on WWE’s 1000th RAW, Mason Ryan, Ted DiBiase, The McMahons Build Investment Profiles, News on WWE’s PPV Pre-show Matches, WWE Rompers
June 23, 2012 · 0 Comments
California-based wrestler Buggy Nova has apparently signed a developmental contract with WWE as she made her Florida Championship Wrestling debut at Wednesday’s Summer Slamarama event in Orlando, Florida, according to multiple attendees.
Buggy, who possesses an “alternative” look, participated in a Diva swimsuit competition as well as a dancing contest. Byron Saxton emceed the competitions and announced her as Natalie—her real name.
Buggy was first evaluated by WWE officials at the January 16 Raw SuperShow in Anaheim, California. She was invited to the following day’s SmackDown taping in Las Vegas, Nevada, where she wrestled AJ in a tryout match before company brass. She was evaluated the following month at a SmackDown taping in Fresno, California, where she once again faced AJ in a private match.
Buggy is 22-years-old and billed at 5’8″ and 135 pounds. Trained under the Ballard Brothers, she has been wrestling on the independent circuit since 2009.
– Dustin Rhodes, who was released by WWE earlier this year, says he will not be performing as Goldust for the 1,000th RAW in July.
– Ted DiBiase appeared at last night’s FCW event in Orlando and confirmed to fans that he would be returning to the ring soon.
– Mason Ryan was in action at last night’s FCW event in Orlando, picking up a win over CJ Parker. Ryan played the heel role. The main event of last night’s show saw FCW Champion Bo Dallas retain his title against top talents Seth Rollins, Antonio Cesaro and Kassius Ohno in a Fatal 4-Way match.
WWE’s shop website has released new t-shirts and rompers for toddlers.
– The WWE No Way Out pre-show match with David Otunga vs. Brodus Clay peaked with 43,855 viewers on YouTube. In comparison, the Over the Limit pre-show match with Kane vs. Zack Ryder peaked at 44,049.
– If Linda McMahon is elected to the United States Senate, she could be the wealthiest member. According to financial disclosure reports, Linda and Vince McMahon were together worth between $90 million and $350 million.
The couple recently took out a loan of between $5 million and $25 million from Morgan Stanley to build their investment profiles.
Ryback’s opponents on this week’s SmackDown are Jared Walker and Frankie Valencia, known as Blk Jeez and Brian Hardy on the Maryland independent wrestling scene.
– Beginning with Vader, WWE was set to bring back a former RAW main eventer to wrestle a match each week leading up to the 1,000th RAW in July. They have reportedly dropped that idea already. While Roddy Piper and Mick Foley appeared on RAW this week, neither of them wrestled.
– Responding to a fan who said she should get a WWE contract, former WWE Diva Lauren C. Mayhew told them to start a tweet campaign to get her brought back.
Mayhew continues to have an active music and TV career with a new role on Showtime’s Dexter that she began filming this week. She began ring announcing for WWE in 2009, shortly after Lilian Garcia left. Her short-term contract expired in late 2009 and was not renewed as the two sides could not agree on a new deal.
Share and Enjoy